Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas, Knitters & Friends. I finally head out to home tomorrow. I can't wait to be with my family.

C. is tucked away with his folks in NC and I miss him like a part of myself is gone away. We talk constantly, but I'm used to his face being around the homestead. I have, however, enjoyed sleeping in the middle of the bed. I'm over it now.

So the next few days for me include:

- Hugs out the wazzoo.
- Laughter and tales of Christmases past
- Updates on all activities from the niece & nephew
- Holiday cocktails
- Holiday music and dancing with my family
- Christmas eve service at church, where I can rejoice in this holiday and faith
- Christmas morning with my family and Christmas dinner with more family
- Meeting dear friends for lunches and evening cocktails
- Finding all of the good after Christmas sales with my mom
- Possibly picking up my wedding dress

It's a good list of things to look forward to. In the end, my life is about these people and I cherish these times. I don't hate my job, and I'm thankful for that, but my life is about the moments that I have with the people I love. I'm rich in that way alone. I have been lucky enough to have been surrounded, in the summer of my lifetime, by the most precious souls on earth. I'm thankful for it.

Now, I'm going to go pack an extra knitting project, I have to be at the airport in the morning!

So, till next week, that's all the news that's fit to knit!

No comments: