Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holy Crap, Knitting pictures!

It's Christmas in Brooklyn today for C. and I. He gifted me with a new iPod video Nano. I love this thing! A few years ago, C. got me a mini - which went out of circulation about a week after it was released, but I loved her. I've been using her happily, but C. decided that I needed to new video action - I love it. Thanks honey!

What do you get the guy bought you a diamond ring and a new iPod in the same year? The new Bose in ear head phones for the video iPod you got him last year. Yeah, he'll probably get a post holiday gift - I was thrown by this exciting giftie for me under the tree this year.

This is my Boogie sweater vest - fresh out of the bath and off the needles. I love it and will try to find a day when the sun shines to get a picture of it on my actual body. I love the vest and the double cable up the front is really nice.

We're enjoying our shared Christmas here in Brooklyn today. We're playing with the new iPod and new iPod toys. We're slightly home bound because of the nasty weather the nor-easter has dropped on us (mostly ice and slush, stuff that freezes your toes). I'm listening to the Steelers lose their game to Jacksonville, egg nogg is in my future (yay! C. makes the best nogg in the world) and I'm working on a pair of socks as a last minute gift "just in case".

This is the last week before the holidays for C. and I and this is the last year where we'll be split up for the holidays. For the last seven years, we've always had our Christmas together a week before we've left for our prospective family celebrations. We snatch moments via telephone to connect and both feel a little blue to be alone during the celebrations when all of our families are paired with the loves of their lives. Of course, trying to figure out how we'll leave our families to visit only one next year, seems almost impossible. I can't imagine celebrating Christmas without my family. It might prove to be too much for my heart to take. Won't worry about that until next year.

So for now, it's all the news that's fit to knit!

No comments: