It's a Saturday, and we're starting to plan out our day. I love weekends in our small North Carolina town. I love running into friends while shopping around town, I love how quiet the neighborhood is - I love getting together with friends to share stories and complain about the complexities of raising our children. It's lovely.
There are a lot of things that I miss about living in New York, but these little things about a southern life can be so fulfilling.
Saturday, May 28, 2016
10. I've got a four year old who's demanding of all of my time.
9. I've got a husband and a four year old who like clean clothes.
8. They also seem found of eating.
7. And sleeping - that one's for me, I love sleeping.
6. I've been reading a lot in my free time.
5. Just started a new job this year - full time! Yay!
4. Boy, top ten lists get really hard to commit to.
3. Maybe that was my problem, I'm not great at commitment...
2. Did I mention that I have a four year old now? I feel like that counts for two.
1. The knitting has been spotty for all of the above reasons.
Well, after nearly five years, we're still in North Carolina. Small town southern living is a constant surprise to this Yankee. The rules, steeped in hundreds of years of tradition, seem to change from day-to-day around here. Regardless, this small southern town has charmed me, and we're pretty happy here. On owning a business: if you're about to take the plunge and own a business let me give you this sage advice: everything is going to take twice as long as you think it will!
I hope to get back to more regular blogging and I'm not so worried that no one is reading this... it's for me!