Thursday, February 01, 2007

Home Again, Home Again

We're back home after a long trip to NC. I have to tell you this - I'm very glad that I made this rather sad trip home with Chris because not only did I have a chance to say goodbye to someone whom I loved very much, but I got to learn more about her amazing life and to witness first hand the power of Chris' loving family. I can't help but think that I'm so grateful to be accepted by them, to be a part of their family. I love them with my whole heart.

Some knitting was done on this trip, but not much. I'm working on a branching out scarf for a NYC friend and that kind of lace work takes a little bit of time. As I knit that up, I'm also plotting for my next stash project. What shall it be?? I think maybe some socks, or gloves or mittens or, oh heck! I don't know - the possibilities are endless. I also picked up a free pattern from Lions brand for some felting wool that I've stashed since November of 2006. The pattern is for an excellent little bag.

This weekend is all about recovery for Chris and I - cleaning our house, watering the plants, doing the laundry and the shopping and also a time of rest. We're both just praying to get to Friday night so that we can slip into bed and NOT turn on our alarm clocks.

No comments: