Friday, February 02, 2007

Aren't You In Love with PA yet?


I can't tell you how much I love being from Pennsylvania. With every fiber of my being I am, and always will be, a Pennsylvanian. What other state gets together over 112 years to celebrate old German folklore on an old forgotten Christian holiday of Candlemas? We do. And we polka while we do it.
If you've never been to Punxsutawney it's ok. It's a tiny town with cute little shops and sweet people, there's a branch campus of my University and there's this town square where Phil lives and every year, for the last 111 years, thousands of people descend upon this tiny town to celebrate, to dance, to enjoy a hot tottie or two and to see if Phil sees his shadow. As the folklore goes, if Phil sees his shadow, it's six more weeks of winter, if no shadow is seen then we're in for an early spring. This year he didn't see a shadow. Come on Spring!
I'm always telling Chris how lucky he is to be in a relationship with someone from PA. I truly believe that you must love PA, for so many great things come from my home state - things like, Hershey Chocolate, M&M Mars, Nestle, Harley Davidson, Gibson Guitars, Crayola Crayons, the Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirmanti Brothers Sandwiches, Iron City Beer, Rolling Rock Beer, Yuengling Beer, Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches - and the list goes on and on. Soooo many amazing things come straight out of PA - and so do the sweetest people.
So, thank you to Phil for the home memories from today. I only wish I could've been dancing to the Pennsylvania Polka in the Punxy town square this morning!

No comments: