Monday, January 22, 2007

Baron Von Teddy - Beary Cute!



Meet Baron Von Teddy -
the cute little bear that I knitted. He was an inexpensive kit that I picked up in a bargain bin at a discount store. He was too cute to pass up! I've saved the pattern and plan to make some more Teddy Bears in the future. I think he needs a friend!








This is a completed scarf for my friend Jenn's mom (click the picture for a better view). The pattern is actually from Odd Ball Knitting and I love, love, love the diamond lace patterns. I had plenty of yarn left over from the skein to make her a hat to match and enough yarn to make another hat - maybe for me. How can it be that a knitter, who has made a crap load of hats in her lifetime, not have a hat for herself in the winter? We're taking care of business as we speak.

I have another scarf that I made from yarn farm yarn, but I've been wearing it so much, that I haven't had a chance to take a picture of it. It's from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and was a true pleasure to knit.

There's a tried a true fact of life, knitting with pure wool, the good stuff, is a pleasure unlike any other for me. I just love the feeling of it in my hands, the way the stitches are so defined. I love to colors of wool I chose. I love everything about this haul. It's making the whole yarn diet thing a lot easier. My advice: if you're planning to stash diet, buy a heap of the good stuff for your stash - it makes all the difference.

That's all the news that's fit to print.




No comments: