Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Tribute


We've been enjoying Steve and Terri Irwin for many years and when I heard of Steve's untimely death at the top of this week, I was devastated. I just put my head on Chris' shoulder and cried. I felt like I'd lost a dear friend - even though I've never met him.

I have personal experience in knowing someone who was larger than life - someone who's life was so big and so spectacular that they have the ability to bring you along for the ride; to make your life a part of theirs. Often times these stars burn so brightly and so many of us are attracted to them and caught up in their brilliance - we're the lucky ones; we're the ones who get to be a part of their amazing lives for awhile.

Steve was a brilliant star who seemed to be a caring and loving family man and a person who loved nature and God's green earth and all of the creatures on it. Thank God for you, Steve. We'll miss you terribly.

I wish I could wrap my arms around you, Terri. You have the heartfelt love, prayers and support from a tiny little part of Brooklyn - always.

Kindest of Regards,
Kristin

No comments: