Monday, September 25, 2006

Saints and Knitters

It's been hard for me to bring myself to post 'cause I really didn't want to bump down these pictures of Molly. She's so sweet! But lots to tell you about and I know Molly understands. So here we go...

Two Saturdays ago I roused myself from my private knitting chair here in beautiful Park Slope to go out and see the Yarn Harlot herself who was speaking at our local Barnes and Noble store. Poor Harlot got stuck in traffic and had to learn the joys of New York City traffic, taxi cabs, Canal Street on a Saturday night, and of course the true need that New Yorkers feel to lay on their horns during trying times like these. The knitters waiting at B&N just settled into our seats, pulled out various bits of knitting, introduced ourselves to each other and admired one another's projects.

When the Harlot finally arrived, she did not disappoint. She was funny and sweet and I felt that I could honestly tell that she was as sweet as she seemed from her blog. If you haven't checked out her site, please go ahead and click that link and check in out - we're talking about a one woman revolutionary here. She's raised money for Doctors Without Boarders, she's organized charity knitting projects, an Olympic event for thousands of knitters around the world and shared the secret thoughts of all knitters in her fantastic books. She's done all of this by simply recognizing the kindness of knitters and being willing to herald their goodness across the world. She's a good nut and I really enjoyed every moment I got to spend hearing her speak about our funny little community.

And she signed my book. In case you can't read that - she says that "Obsession is Normal." Amen, sister. Amen.

Many thanks to the Harlot for making the trip from Canada to NYC and through what may have been the longest part of the trip, the trip down Canal Street. We hope you can visit Park Slope when things are less hectic.

I had big plans to show pictures of Cozy - it's done, but blogger just won't upload another picture. So those are to come. Also on my list of things to tell you about - I got a box from Knit Picks, tell ya all about it later this week.

In the meantime - you still have a a quarter of the Saints-Falcons game to go and see the Super Dome being used as it is meant to be and to see the beautiful people of New Orleans as happy as we always want them to be. Good on ya, NO. We're glad that you're getting back.

No comments: