Sunday, May 20, 2007

Warsh Rag - A Distraction


I've taken a small break from The Clapotis and was seduced by the Warsh Rag from Mason-Dixon Knitting.

In my native Pittsburgh, Warsh is a word that actually lives in the vocabulary of many of the residents. I remember as a kid that my next door neighbor used the word warsh with some regularity. I also remember my mother pulling me off to the side of our kitchen one afternoon, bracing me by both of my arms and telling me that I would never ever use that word again. I think she was preparing me for my future as a person with a degree in English. Thanks mom, I've never used it again - until this post.

This has been a fun little knit and easy as all get out. I love bands and I love the colors of the Kitchen Cotton yarn that I picked. I'm not sure if this will make it into my linen closet or become a spit up rag for one of my soon-to-be parent friends. We'll see. I'll certainly be making this pattern again - it's a nice break from the miles of stockinette stitch that I've been making with The Clapotis (it is fun to drop those stitches, but you only get to do that once in a 12-stitch pattern repeat that you actually re-do 13 times).

We're off to see Spidey 3 at the Ziegfeld this afternoon. How could you see it anywhere else? And then we're off to a cast party for Chris' show - back out to Brooklyn Heights. We'll be on the run in some crappy weather, but we'll together. We haven't spent a lot of time together in the last few months, so I'm happy that we'll have a day together.

In the rest of knitting news - I'm in need of doing the final finishing touches on one baby gift and getting it out the door to a girl friend and then I need to get started on another. And I think I've found a nice little summer sweater I want to knit in the new issue of Creative Knitting - something to keep the chill off on cool evenings and in air conditioned offices.
For now, that's all the news that's fit to knit.

No comments: