Friday, August 18, 2006

Why on Earth am I so Bad at This?


The last published date of entry is why I first got rid of my knit blog, but in an effort to be better, here I am, when I can be to write about what I think about most...knitting.

The other thing that's on my mind - the fact that when I'm at work, I have absolutely no pictures of recent knitting. I have this one picture of a bag that I knit four years ago for my niece, Riley. It was knit in that one moment that I had where I fancied eyelash yarn and thought it would be fun to knit with. I love this purse and I did a really nice job with it, but working with eyelash yarn makes me, well, want to pull out all of my eyelashes, so I'm almost pained looking back on this project. But there you have it. I will blog over the weekend with some more current knitting pics - of things like socks and lace that I'm working on.

In the mean time, I'd love to introduce myself. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA by two fantastic parents. I am the youngest child of two, which according to the Today Show means that I'm strongheaded and independent. It fits. I lost the one person who truly liked me when my father died. I was 20 years old and found myself all alone out in the world. Believing that God would point me in the right direction, I hung onto life while it did its thing and somehow I ended up meeting the best guy ever and we fell in love and we now live in Brooklyn, NY and we have a very happy little life. I work in a specialized field of marketing as a Manager of New Business Development and Jack of all Trades - my sweetheart is an actor. We make our home together in Park Slope where we are currently pondering the adoption of a pet (ok, I'm obsessed with getting a pet, Chris is holding me off -- something about a rule in our apartment building. Those are details that I can not be bothered with).

Other obsessions: Television and movies, sewing, reading and buying a house.

Currently On The Needles: This lacy shawl from a past Knitty and a pair of socks from here.

No comments: