Monday, July 12, 2010

Back to Blogging

If anyone on earth is still reading this blog...I'm back. I needed that break from March. I've been doing a lot of work on my life when it comes to who I am and I think when you're working on growing and changing yourself, it takes some quiet time. And no kidding, we've had a rotten start to this year. It's July and we're still hoping that things will get better. We've lost a lot of dear friends and loved ones this year.

C. and I are very hopeful people though - we've got our heads up and we believe that the blessing are coming our way. It's been so good for me to return to the basics in my life. Finding quiet time, finding time to study the bible and not only talk with God, but spend some real time everyday listening for God. I had been very far away from that for a long time. It feels good to be reconnecting. It's like I've found peace again. I've found a life free of worry and the anxiety that had been choking me.

The summer had been busy with visiting family. My father in law continues his battle against cancer and my mother in law continues to handle the whole situation with grace. We spent the July 4th holiday with my family in Pittsburgh and I was reminded how much I love that city. It was so great to hang out with my family. We spent the whole trip on my brother's deck (which he's had wired for cable television so that we don't miss a second of the world cup or Wimbledon - he's a smart cookie, my brother). I realized that we spent every waking moment outside that I never needed to walk the dog. If Sadie needed to go she got her butt up off the deck and took care of business. It was fantastic. This trip has renewed my fever for wanting a house! I NEED a backyard! : )

So that's what's happening with me. Finished a pair of socks, cast on with Socks that Rock and am working a ton! Hope you've been doing well too.

For now, this is all the news that's fit to knit.

No comments: