Friday, July 16, 2010

March birthday in July

For my birthday in March my wonderful husband gave me tickets to see Amos Lee in concert at the Tarrytown Music Hall. The concert finally came around and we went last night. The evening started off a bit stressful when the check engine light on the car came on. We're scheduled for a very expensive repair on Monday already...how does that old saying go? When it rains, get out your checkbook?

Amos was amazing and his opening act, a guy by the name of Mutlu (I don't believe this is a nickname), was terrific. We even bought both of his albums as we left the show. It was soul and it was folk and Amos was funny and engaging. I love that the Music Hall holds about 500 people - it's intimate without feeling empty. You feel like you're really there with the performer and can really just immerse yourself in the evening. It was great. A big kiss to my dear, sweet C. he really knows how to knock it out of the park with a good birthday present! He wrapped up the evening with a high class meal of chicken nuggets at chez Mc.D's. Ahhhhh.

For now, we're beating the heat! And that's all the news that's fit to knit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Word!