Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Word is Out!

Well, we’ve found our way to Thursday, haven’t we? The weeks are blowing past me at a pace I’m having trouble keeping up with. Tuesday marked exactly four months out until the wedding day. I’m both thrilled and ready for it to be over.

Chris and I have been together for 7+ years now – dating for a longer period of time than some of my married girlfriends have even known their husbands. And while I’m looking forward to the wedding, I simultaneously uncomfortable with the attention.

In the last ten years I’ve grown from a very confident and outgoing person, to a person who is love with routine. I think when your life gets turned up-side down you learn to error towards caution. I’ve become the kind of gal who likes to know what’s coming and to prepare for it. I think that’s a big part of the reason why I hate living in New York City so much, this city is unforgiving and tends to change on you in a snap. For a gal who likes to plan, it’s not the best combination. As an aside, I recently told C. that NYC and I have a true brother and sister relationship; its fine for me to bag on the city, but not for other to bag on the city. Funny how NYC can become a part of you…

The wedding begins to hit its stride next weekend when C. and I head into PGH for a massive three day planning binge. Over the course of Friday and Saturday we will be:

* Tasting and choosing a cake
* Meeting with the Preacher
* Tasting and choosing the menu for the reception
* Trying on and picking the tuxes
* Meeting with the Florist
* Designing the church decorations
* Picking the invitation and ordering it
* Picking the seating cards, programs, etc…
* Deciding on the wording of everything going into print including the dreaded and all important driving directions.
* Seeing Indiana Jones – ‘cause my mom is dying to go!

We’ll also be hitting some favorite sites (read: places to eat) that we never get to hit while living in NYC: the best ever: Eat n Park and we’ve all be jonesing for a trip to the Red Lobster. So – our bellies will be full and for the love of all things good PLEASE let my wedding dress fit and not make me look like a cheap hooker or a hooker of any kind, really.

We got the rings – wanna see???





Knitting pictures tomorrow! For now, that's all the news that's fit to knit!

No comments: