Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sucked In - the Wii has taken over the house!

I've been totally sucked in by the Wii that whole time. Ok, the Wii and the wedding have been the major time suck over the last few weeks.

I've never been a big video game fan. In fact, my FH is a gamer and there have been times that I've wanted to kick his Wow loving butt off the computer, but the Wii is different. I think it's because I feel like I'm actually in the game. When my brother got an Atari when we were kids, I was entertained by games like Frogger and Pac Man for about a day - I just hated sitting there - pushing buttons. So I grew up and got myself a job sitting in front of a computer, pushing buttons and I still don't like online games or x-box games, etc...in fact, Chris got me to play the Sims once and within ten minutes I accidentally caught my Sims house on fire and they all burned to death. It was a total accident. A combination of no cooking lessons, no phone and my inability to make them leave the house put me off of that game for life.

With the Wii - I'm swinging at the tennis ball like I'm playing tennis, I'm bowling like I'm in the sixth grade at the Monroe-bowl before it was turned into a Syms (no pun intended - it really is a Syms now). We bought the Olympic games game and I love it - I feel like I'm really playing a long and my Mii even looks like me! It's awesome. If you haven't found one - keep checking the Wii Tracker. They should be available soon and I think it's totally worth it.

The wedding has been center stage - today is the four month mark. This month kicks off trips home for planning and a summer full of wedding showers. We're so freaking lucky to know so many awesome people.

We bought wedding rings - pictures tomorrow, the camera is in the bedroom and I'm seriously about to go bowl a coupla frames.

Knitting?? Oh, yeah, well - a new scarf on the needles and new sock yarn in the house, so we've got some knitting to do. Like I said, pictures tomorrow, so see you then!

Till then, that's all the news that's fit to knit.

No comments: