Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happiness Is...















A Knitter With A Trunk Full of Yarn.



































Last year you might remember that I was gifted with an invitation to a private yarn sale. I lovingly called the place "The Yarn Farm". Well, Farm House Yarns had its very last private sale ever this weekend and I was lucky enough that Chris was up for a trip to Upstate CT. We drove up early yesterday morning to find that the good people were offering some amazing "fill a bag" sale prices. One of these bags has some Christmas gifts for friends and my future mother in law, but the rest was alllllll for me. I'm still a little light-headed about the haul. I'm set for a long time.

Last year I wasn't sure what the sale would be like and though I brought a big bag of yarn home, I wasn't very smart about yardage. This year, I may have over-bought on yardage. When Chris urged my to buy more yarn, I fell in love with him all over again. One of sales girls proclaimed to me, "wow, you're lucky that you get to marry him!" She's so right. Sorry, girls, my yarn enabling husband to be, is soooo taken.

Chris' only request was that I would knit a huge woobie for our wedding. He loves hand knit blankets. He picked out a beautiful cotton / silk blend in a light lavender. I just need to find a queen size blanket pattern - or work one up myself. As far as yardage went, I picked up 7,000 yards of the yarn for the blanket. That should do it, don't ya think?

Total Yardage for myself: 20,500 - told ya I might have over bought...

Now to pick my first project...

For now, that's all the news that's fit to knit.

2 comments:

OLPP said...

Oh boy. I need to breathe into a paper bag just looking at that!!

Kristin said...

OLPP -

Me too! I'm still excited about the whole thing!

PS - I love your blog!