Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We're Baaaackkk

If anyone at all is still reading this blog - thank you so much! I've finally just finished the craziest few weeks of my working career. If I never repeat that time in my life, I'll really be ok. Have you ever been in the 14th hour of working - having been awake at 5:00 am only to discover that it's freaking 83 degrees at that awful time of day and you're wilting in your suit in your non-air conditioned New York City living room that has been on the planet since before the war and find yourself still trying to drink a hot cup of coffee because, well, you know what you're like without caffeine on a normal day - and you think oh shit, I'm tired and my feet may never forgive me for being in heels for this freaking long? Yeah, me too. For the last three weeks. Sad.

Anyway - in the moments when I wasn't working or sleeping I somehow found a way to eat and knit and I finished my blue monkey socks and totally screwed up my Clapotis and decided that I didn't care - the mistake - which is, well, offensive to say the least shall stay in the work as a reminder that I conquered this time in my life.

The rest of July means normal work and a weekend away at our family Cabin in the woods for Chris' birthday and in August a vacation to see a cousin get married. Can't wait at all! It's too much! Time off is a beautiful dream.

If you want to book a meeting with my company, please have a heart and schedule it for September - I just can't give up my time off in August! (but seriously, send the check, we'll get you on the schedule!)

For now, that's all the news that's fit to knit!

No comments: