Monday, July 23, 2007

Have We Lost Our Minds - Or Are We Just Crazy? Huh?

The weekend was spent relaxing and enjoying the wonderful feeling of not working and of not actually thinking about work while we weren't working. It felt like a true summer weekend when the whole day stretches in front of you and you're free to do anything you like - instead of time hurling toward you and right past you in the blink of an eye. I love the Country Time Lemonade commercials about lazy summer days and I think back to my own childhood when summer days stretched endlessly and we lay around at the summer house just watching clouds, chasing butterflies or water skiing on Yough Lake.



This weekend Chris and I have invited both our families (Parents and siblings with their families) to my favorite place on earth - the summer cabin that my grandfather built 38 years ago. It's shared by mom and her brother and next weekend I get to introduce a new dynamic in the family because of my relationship with Chris.



I'm really looking forward to hanging out on the giant porch - grilling dinner out and just melding my family and Chris'. We hope it goes well. Nine people - and seven people dropping by at different times is going to make the quiet little trip a bit crazy and I can't wait. Of course there's tons to do in my home state of PA. Fallingwater, Ohiopyle, and the winery (which all of those above the age of 21 are stoked for!)

All in all - I can't wait for the weekend - it's my first real time as a host. I'm planning all of the food and providing everyone with shelter and fun. I can't wait to see my mom who's planning to help me with everything. How could I possibly survive without my mom? She's just the most understanding and lovely person on the planet. A true peace-keeper. My mom should really be in charge of the world - she'd solve a lot of the bull crap.


Ok -I'm off. I'll try to upload knitting content tonight. I've finished quite a bit and made the cutest tennis sock you have ever seen (I'll cast on for sock #2 tonight!) And I've got some E-Z baby sweater plans for a friend who's shower is coming right up!

For Now, That's all the news that's fit to knit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good time - with a slight possibility of "Host Stress." But there's nothing like nice weather, family, fun and grilled food to make stress melt away!

Have a ton of fun! I'll be logging on to MSN next week to see if I can catch you during a (rare) calm moment so you can tell me all about it!

Kristin said...

Hey! I've been trying to find you on MSN this week! Great minds think alike!

I just got word that my brother and SIL and kids are joining us now too. 16 people at the cabin. Whoo-boy! Have a lost it???

Hope all is well! I'll be in Columbus at the end of August! Let's talk!