Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Tip of My Hat

Veterans Day is a tough day for me every year. My heart is full of gratitude for the brave service men and women who provide protection and comfort for our country. I understand that the freedom I enjoy is due in large part to their steadfast dedication to the USA. A tip of my hat and my deep-felt thanks for all of those who are serving our country. Thank you.

Veterans Day is tough for me because it marks the anniversary of my dad's death. I woke up this morning to remember that it has been twelve years today since I've spoken to my dad. I miss him so much and though I am finally starting to get on with my life after such a devastating event, I don't think I'll ever be truly over it. I have finally embraced the idea that knowing my dad, he wouldn't want me to live focused on this. He'd want me to live the happiest life I can. In honor of him, I'm trying to do just that. It took me a long time to get here.

Tomorrow: knitting that I'm doing, knitting that I'm planning and other stuff. For now, this is all the news that's fit to knit.

No comments: