Sunday, March 29, 2009

C. had to work and I'm trying to purge...

the house of things that we don't need to move to the new condo. I'm much better at getting rid of non-essential things than C. is. I'm trying to be the strong one in that process. I also seem to have far more stuffs than C. so I feel that I bear the most responsibility.

I've been thinking about the new condo almost non-stop. We pick up our keys on April 10th and will have a few weeks to move everything over. One of the great features of the new condo is that we'll have two full bathrooms - one for each of us! We'll have an "on-suite" bath and each of us has their own closet in the master. We won't know what to do with ourselves. It's been five years since I've had a closet to myself - the small things make me happy.

We are on the waiting list for the private garage next to our new abode. I am hopeful that this won't take long - my desire for storage is almost overwhelming.

C. has been gone for less than an hour and I miss him terribly. Since December we haven't been apart for more than a handful of hours and I am so used to his steady presence that the prospect of a day without him makes me a little melancholy. I know that he'll be back tonight and I look forward to hearing about his day.

I have finished knitting the Diamonds and Pearls shawl and need to block it today. It's dank and rainy and the pictures will be awful, so I hope to share it tomorrow. Till then, this is all of the news that's fit to knit.

No comments: