Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm Sorry

Dudes, I've been trying to write an interesting blog post for weeks now, nothing is happening. It's been work and personal stuff and that's it. I took very few pictures over Christmas and I'm just at a loss. I'll be back - I hope. Maybe my creative suck (I can't knit anything either) will fade away. Maybe I should just blame this on the economy too. Sigh. I might just start knitting garter stitch blankets soon just to try and get past this darn drought.

I did get a lot of Barnes and Noble gift card cash this Christmas I picked up Clara Parkes' book, The Knitter's Book of Yarn. I'm really looking forward to learning a lot from it. I need to start pairing yarn with patterns and not the other way around. I've got so much wool from a tiny dealer who doesn't write patterns, that I have trouble finding patterns for un-marked yarn. This book should give me the tools to start pairing yarn and more importantly, yarn weights with patterns (thanks, Ravelry!).

So that's what's happening here. I'm snuggled on the couch, drinking a beer and watching football playoffs.

More later, till then, I'm not knitting and that's just not fit!

No comments: