Monday, November 19, 2007

Drive, you Turkeys!


I remember vividly the first time I learned about the stupidity of Turkeys. Have you heard that turkey farmers must keep a watchful eye on the weather at all times for fear of the massacre that might occur should one leave for church in blue skies and return in rain storm? Turkey's are so dumb that when it rains they are utterly mesmerized by the moisture that is falling from the sky. So mesmerized that they look skyward to feel the cool rain on their little turkey faces. They also open their mouths. And then that's it. Their mouths will fill up with water and they'll drown themselves looking up at the sky. No kidding. Nature sort of missed a step with the turkey.


I realized that there is a great parallel with New York City drivers and turkeys today. I wouldn't go so far as to call every NYC driver a turkey, but I will point out that the moment the moisture begins to fall from the sky, the NYC drivers tend to turn their faces skyward, their foots firmly on the breaks - mesmerized by the falling rain. Of course, it is not all drivers, as it is all turkeys, but I am talking about you turkeys on 278 in the mornings headed toward the Triborough Bridge!

Tomorrow - cooking with me, Yarnal Knowledge. The mystery of my best pumpkin pie ever is revealed!
For now, that's all the news that's fit to knit!

No comments: