Monday, February 01, 2010

Choices

When Chris and I went to Rhinebeck this year I picked up a few kits from The Spinning Room (their shop hails out of Altamont, NY). One kit was for a scarf that I made up for my MIL. I gifted it to her this Christmas and totally forgot to take pictures. I'll have to force her to model for me the next time in NC.

The yarn in the picture to the left is luscious and delicious Akapana (65% Baby Llama, 25% Merino Wool and 10% Donegal). It's spun in Peru and I want to snuggle with it all of the time. In purchasing this kit I am faced with a choice as it included two patterns. I can make a pair of fingerless mitts or a toasty neck warmer. The neck warmer is winning the race right now because of my utter need to nuzzle the skeins of yarn. Maybe I should just keep them around for snuggles. Only other knitters will understand that this is a true possibility. I'll let you know what I decide.

I need to get my rear in gear for the RavOlympics. I'm planning to take on the February Lady sweater from Clara Parke's "Knitters Book of Yarn". Wish me luck - seems just about right to knit this thing in Feb. I hope I can do it in the small window of time.

My life has been a bit of an emotional mess lately. I can't seem to get caught up. I feel like Chris and I got off track with our normal lives during the blizzard on December 19th and we just haven't been able to get our balance. I'm hoping that this month will afford us sometime to get back to center. I think creating things again is a step in the right direction.

For all of the rotten things that have been happening I find that at the core of my life is God and Chris. My family also continues to be this amazing powerhouse of support and encouragement. I'm not sure why I was given the incredible family I was given, but make no mistake, I appreciate them. My mom,  parents inlaw, my brother, brother in law and sisters in law, my nieces and nephews. Each and everyone of them is ready with a kind word, or more likely a sarcastic joke that makes laughter through tears possible. You just don't get luckier than me.

Maybe I should knit them all snuggies...

For now, this is all the news that's fit to knit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go RavOlympics!