Monday, October 26, 2009

Rocking Rhinebeck and Other Things...



So....I went to Rhinebeck this year! It was a beautiful Saturday and C. agreed to a beautiful drive up north (it took us about 1.5 hours to get there from home). The fall colors were lovely and the yarn fantastic! Mr. Sheepie (pictured above) agrees!


One of my favorite finds was the large needle case above. I had bought the small case for dpns and circs at a small shop in Brooklyn a few years ago. I couldn't believe my luck when I found the matching case for straight needles. I snapped this one up without a second thought.

A noro scarf kit - love it!



The Spinningroom was offering these kits and here's a great little kit I picked for fingerless mitts and a neck warmer. I can't wait to get stitching!



And finally, finally! I am the owner of two socks that rock skeins and a str pattern. I've heard the hype and I can finally find out for myself if it's true! I'm looking forward to knitting these up for all of my holiday traveling. Can't wait!
Other Things...
We went to the Van Cortland Manor Great Jack o Lantern Blaze last night. 4,000 flaming pumpkins of all kinds. This thing was so amazing! I can't even tell you - a giant spider web made out of pumpkins? Spider pumpkins! A ship, Made out of PUMPKINS! DINOS MADE OUT OF PUMPKINS! One thing was better than the next. This is for sure a Halloween tradition for us for as long as we live in Tarrytown / Sleepy Hollow. What a great way to get ready for the holiday. My pictures in the dark look horrible, so no pictures for you - but trust me, it was fabulous.
For now, this is all the news that's fit to knit.

No comments: