Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Knitted News





Knitting! I did promise some knits for this blog. I'll tell ya, the summer has been unforgettable for me. The engagement is of course at the top of the list, but I've also knitted some really memorable socks, I've been hanging out with some great friends and traveling to some great places here in the US. What else can you ask for from a summer?


The sock to the left is a little summer sock that I knitted up - I used Wendy's toe up pattern, threw in the stripes and finishing touches from my own brain. I love them! I'm about 1/2 through finishing the second sock. I'm also working on:


The 5 hour baby sweater. This is for a friend's baby to come. I just can't seem to find the time to really concentrate on cranking this out. Of course, babies tend to move deadlines along, don't they? I love the vibrant colors of this yarn. It's a nice clean cotton that can easily be tossed into the wash. Mother's every where can rejoice!

For now, I'm off to the air conditioning and that means that this is all the news that's fit to knit, for now!

No comments: