Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!



It's a finished bonnet - grown up bonnet that is. The real question with this photo is: Amish or not Amish? Hmmm. I learned on Monday and Tuesday that I don't give a damn - this bonnet is warm! It was fun to knit and has a pretty ruffle on the ends of the scarf and on the bonnet. If you can pick up stitches, you can make this too.

This pattern comes to us from the Knit2Together Book by Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark. Love the book, love the bonnet.

I also made some socks! Warm feet!

I have a pumpkin pie baking in the oven right now and the rest of the week off from work. Today Chris and I will be packing up my car and heading home to Pittsburgh for our Thanksgiving celebration. Wish us luck please, we may just spend the entire holiday weekend in the car with the other 38 million crazies who thought it was a good idea to hit the road tonight.

I look forward to Thanksgiving - it's a time to see my family for the first time in a year and be reminded that they don't always miss me, but they're certainly glad to see that I'm alive and New York hasn't swallowed me up whole. Having Chris at my side is always fun and running around Pittsburgh enjoying all that is wonderful about that city is excellent. The food is always great, the company good and my niece and nephew the cutest things on the planet.

So have that extra glass of wine or piece of pie and relax - be at peace and remember how lucky we are to have a day like Thanksgiving.

No comments: